Dr. Earnest Airhia
LPC-S, LAC, NCC, CCDP-D, ICADC, USSF-A, CM
As the sayings go “Happy New Year to you all.” I am so excited as President/CEO and Clinical Director of Greenpath International Inc. to inform you all of what we have in stock for 2017. As you may recall, in early 2016, the Healthy Louisiana called the Bayou Health company’s comprising of Aetna, Amerigroup, AmeriHealth Caritas, Louisiana Health Care Connection, and United HealthCare fully started its operations as the management care organization (MCO’S) and took control of Medicaid clientele in the state of Louisiana. This change of MCO’s created potential challenges to Greenpath International Inc., in regards to quality improvement, budget shortfall, billing and other claim processing issues. However, with a timely intervention, proactive attitude, and by utilizing risk preventions and management skills, Greenpath International Inc. staff were able to deal with the issues listed above with little qualms.
In early 2016, a thorough strategic plans were endorsed by the management of Greenpath to advance the potential shortfall experienced by the company. Thus, Greenpath actively and meaningfully worked through getting sustainable services that would boost the business revenue, retention of staff, an increase of clientele, as well as prioritizing and maintaining the existing services.
In spite of the setbacks as enumerated above, Greenpath’s was able to increase the client base of both behavioral health and substance use services compared to 2015 census. However, to uphold the mission, vision, and values of Greenpath, the board of directors and staff has been working vigorously to maintain the status quo through commitment and respect to consumers, their families, and to the stakeholders in the community. Given the stance that Greenpath International Inc., remain dedicated to the continuous quality improvement vital to meeting the changing needs, Greenpath upholds the behavioral health industry as well as to our consumers to a higher standard.
Based on the commitment, vision, and maintenance of Greenpath operational services, it has outlined a clear short and long term strategic plans for the 2017 fiscal year. Thus, Greenpath will vigorously pursue the following:
- Medication retention for all clients and other stakeholders receiving treatment at Greenpath
- Access each consumer community-living needs, including behavioral health, substance use, housing, employment, public financial assistance, medical/dental, etc.
- Ensure that clients and their families participate in the service planning and coordination process as well as promoting consumer advocacy and service monitoring.
- Implement mechanisms for annual self-evaluation to ensure that proper and adequate operational standards are consistent with State and Federal guidelines.
- To establish an evidenced based services called the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) that will enhance and help families to become more adaptive and fruitful in their lives through acceptance and respect.
- To improve and maintain consumer/natural, environmental, functional skills, reduce the number of hospitalizations through adequate services
- To enhance educational and employment opportunities for consumers
- To increase the number of clients within the arrays of services/programs at Greenpath.
- To help and strengthened social support networks which may include family members, peers, and community support
- To maintain the status quo in business leaderships in all aspect of care in New Orleans in the next five years
As Greenpath’s seek to achieve a broader accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA) in 2017, the board of directors and staff will work tirelessly to achieve its goals to align with COA’s mission which is “to improve service delivery outcomes by developing, applying, and promoting accreditation standards.”
Finally, it is also imperative to let our stakeholders and the public know that Greenpath is still maintaining its status as a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) site. As a NHSC site, licensed behavioral health professional’s seeking employment at Greenpath, may receive repayment or partial repayment of student loans via the NHSC loan repayment program for a duration of two to three years. Licensed clinicians who are interested for employment are urged to apply for a position at Greenpath.
Again, on behalf of the Board of Directors and all staff, we look forward to serving your needs and building a healthier community and thank you for letting us help you. Happy New Year.